The Works of Andrés Sanz: a (non) systematic review.

The items posted here are notes, ideas and (moving) pictures that were part of the creative process during the making of my work.


Check out Flat Love LATEST NEWS in Facebook!

Flat Love (2009)

Flat Love (2009)

13 March 2009

Flat Love: Drawing the screenplay.


I normally don’t write a screenplay. I draw it. The film comes alive as a sequence of images on paper instead of words. This way I can “catch” the film I have in my mind.

I usually like to sketch to understand a concept and I remember something better if I associate it with images. Sometimes while riding on the subway, I draw on a piece of paper to memorize an idea I have and I even draw the recipes my mother tells me by phone.


When they asked me for the screenplay of my previous film Bedford to be published in a book, I had to send them the storyboards since I didn’t have a screenplay per se.

I believe you can still find the book ("VI Concurso Iberoamericano de Cortometrajes Versión Española/SGAE") on www.factoriautor.com.

No comments: