The Works of Andrés Sanz: a (non) systematic review.

The items posted here are notes, ideas and (moving) pictures that were part of the creative process during the making of my work.


Check out Flat Love LATEST NEWS in Facebook!

Flat Love (2009)

Flat Love (2009)

16 February 2009

Flat Love: The Girl at the MOMA.

I developed this idea (a man and a woman are in love but they live in two separate spatial dimensions) for a few weeks until I had a magical encounter with a girl at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA). It changed everything.

I had met her before (after all, she is quite a celebrity) but I had never really noticed her. But one afternoon, I went to the MOMA to see the giant retrospective of the great Lee Friedlander, which was an overwhelming, mind blowing and exhausting experience (more than 500 photographs). Although I was pretty tired, since I was at the museum, I had to pay my obligatory visit to the ladies: Les Demoiselles d'Avignon. I could stay in front of them for hours on end...

Then I wandered around the galleries and I saw her: a brunette with huge eyes and full red lips, wearing a dark blue bathing suit and holding a read & white beach ball. 

In some unexplainable way, I felt as if she was the one who chose me and not the other way around. 

Yes, you may think I'm crazy but she was looking at me...




No comments: